We recognise the important contribution our staff make and offer a supporting and rewarding work environment.
Staff of the Library enjoy working in an inclusive workplace that offers a range of benefits and flexible employment conditions to help them combine work and family responsibilities.
Your career path – Our commitment to you
We invest in your career – for the Library and beyond.
Our investment in your learning and development will provide you with the skills, experience and a career path to help you realise your full potential.
We want you to grow professionally, to stay and do some different during your time here – and to prepare for your next move upward, outward and beyond.
Take opportunities for formal professional development – paid by us – including specific training, job rotations, financial support for external tertiary study.
What you get
Apart from a great job – we offer a wide range of employee benefits and support, including:
- We can offer a range of different pathways to employment – permanent, temporary and entry level programs
- Excellent job security – with opportunities to move to other cultural institutions and across the public sector
- We offer generous personal benefits such as:
- annual leave, personal leave, long service leave, maternity and parental leave, community and cultural leave
- competitive salaries and 15.4% superannuation
- flexible work opportunities including hours of work, part-time and working remotely/from home
- paid time off during Christmas closedown without deduction from leave balances
- access to flextime for APS 1-6 staff.
- a fabulous location on the shores of Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra – with relocation assistance to Canberra where appropriate
- easy access to public transport and parking
- an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for free counselling and support to all employees and their immediate family members.
- annual flu vaccinations
- workstation assessments.
Our Enterprise Agreement sets out our employment and work conditions.
NLA’s Determination 2023-01 sets out the current salary and allowance rates.