Due to major building activity, some collections are unavailable. Please check your requests before visiting. Learn more.
To be eligible for the Prepublication Data Service, your upcoming book should be published in Australia.
If you are Australian and you have self-published a book, you are considered to be the publisher even if your book was printed overseas.
- Upcoming new and revised editions of books
- Self-published books
- Print on demand books
- Graphic novels
- Government publications, including Commonwealth, State and Local.
- Numbered or multi-volumed books in a series
- Translated books published in Australia
- Exhibition catalogues
- Text documents published on a disk, USB flash-drive or other media
For music scores, see the ;Australian ISMN Agency
- Books that have already been published
- Books published overseas
- Reprints where the imprint, publisher, content and format are unchanged
- Magazines, journals, newspapers and other serial publications
- Single articles reprinted from magazines, journals, newspapers and other serial publications
- Audio-visual DVDs
- Audio books
- Wall charts
- Computer programs
- Classroom educational material such as workbooks, teaching aid and resource material, test sheets, activity sheets or blackline masters, multimedia kits, course specific guides, primary level readers and study notes
- Books that are temporary in nature such as trade catalogues, telephone directories, almanacs, timetables, comic books, colouring-in books, fill-in books, diaries and calendars
For serial publications, see the Australian ISSN Agency
Contact us if you are not sure if your publication is eligible for the Prepublication Data Service service.