Redeveloped catalogue coming soon
The National Library of Australia Catalogue is being redeveloped to modernise the technology that supports it.
It is currently open for you to explore and provide feedback prior to its launch.
What you can do now
- Explore the Search functions – including limiting searches, Boolean search and advanced search.
- Refine your Search results, including narrowing your results based on AIATSIS Language Codes, year of publication, and online access.
- Discover similar items related to your search.
- Simultaneously search across the Library’s physical and digital collections, ejournals, databases and, for the first time, manuscript finding aids.
What you can’t do yet
- Login with your Library card.
- Request Library material. If you want to request material, please return to the current catalogue.
We’re working on a number of features, including relevance ranking of search results, how many copies of an item the Library holds, requesting items and user account logins. We’ll gradually add this functionality to the site.
If you are already a Library customer, what can you do to prepare?
- Check you have a current email address and telephone number on your Catalogue account.
- If your borrowing history is important to you, use our Ask a Librarian service to ask for a list of the collection items that you have requested in the past.
- Export a record of any collection items you have saved as favourites or lists. They will not be available in the redeveloped catalogue.
- Give feedback now. In late July 2023, we will launch the redeveloped Catalogue and you will not be able to access the old catalogue.
Want to tell us what you think?
The redeveloped catalogue is open for you to explore and we welcome your feedback. You can email your feedback or talk to staff in the Reading Rooms.