- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
Storing your personal belongings
To help protect the Library’s collection, some items are not allowed in the reading rooms or galleries. Please store the following in our free lockers:
- bags larger than 30 x 30 x 30 cm
- food and drinks (transparent water bottles are permitted in the Main Reading Room)
- any items that may harm the collection
- overcoats and umbrellas
Using our free lockers
Our lockers are located on Lower Ground 1.
- find an empty locker and place your belongings inside
- choose a 4 digit number, enter it on the key pad and press the # key
- take note of your locker number (hint: take a photo)
- to open your locker, enter the same 4 digit number and press the # key
- use a courtesy bag to carry personal items and valuables such as purses, phones and keys
There are four sizes available for your convenience:
- small: 350mm H x 270mm W x 470mm D
- medium: 440mm H x 370mm W x 470mm D
- large: 580mm H x 370mm W x 470mm D
- extra-large: 870mm H x 370mm W x 470mm D
Lockers are cleared daily after the Library closes.
The Library is not responsible for personal belongings.
Do not leave personal possessions or bags unattended at any time. For the safety of our patrons unattended items may be inspected and removed by authorised officers of the Library.