Please note that the Friends Lounge has relocated to the Nan Kivell Room on Level 2 and is open from 9am to 8pm Monday to Thursday and from 9am to 5pm Friday to Sunday.
To read blog post by Friends Committee Chair Kerry Blackburn, please follow this link.
Join or renew your Friends of the National Library of Australia Inc. membership and enjoy a wide range of benefits.
Support the National Library—make new Friends today
- funded digitisation of the Papers of Jessie Street
- sponsored travelling and creative arts fellowships
- gifted artworks for the Library's Newspapers and Family History Reading Room
- supported the digitisation of The Canberra Times
- presented lectures and events, promoting scholarship and public debate on topical issues.
Friends host a varied program of events each year, bringing visitors to the Library to meet like-minded people, explore Library offerings and discover the riches of the collection.
Friends also enjoy exclusive use of the Friends Lounge and discounts on books, accommodation, cultural activities and selected institutions. See our full list of benefits for more information.
For more information
If you would like more information about the Friends please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Friends Executive Officer on (02) 6262 1551.
Follow the Friends of the Library on Facebook .
If you're having trouble purchasing a membership online, please contact the Membership Officer on (02) 6262 1698.