- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
The National Library of Australia’s reference team can't research or provide answers to school or university assignments.
To access resources within our eResources portal, simply visit the portal and search for each database under the 'Databases A-Z' tab. Some useful databases for students include:
- Academic Search Complete for peer reviewed journals, newspapers and periodicals
- JSTOR and Austlit for academic journals
- Early English Books Online for original sources
- Trove for newspaper reports
Trusted websites, such as government or university websites, can assist with your research. Look for '.gov.au' or 'edu.au' in the URL to ensure that a website comes from a credible source. American university websites have '.edu' at the end of the URL; universities in the UK have '.ac.uk'.
Remember that the Librarians at your school, university or public library can also help you find what you need to complete your assignment and should be the first people you talk to for any research assistance.