Charles Kingsford Smith examining the propeller of a plane, New South Wales ca. 1930, nla.obj-162452492
Some useful websites about aviation in Australia include:
- The State Library of New South Wales Aviation in Australia website.
- The Australian National Aviation Museum Aviation History page.
- Lawrence Hargrave: Australian Aviation Pioneer is a site maintained by Monash University. It contains biographies of several other aviators as well as an aviation timeline.
Some useful print items include:
- Beneath southern skies : celebrating 100 years of Australian aviation
- Great Australian aviation stories : characters, pioneers, triumphs, tragedies and near misses
- E. A. Crome collection relating to aviation in Australia, 1914-2005 (manuscript)
See also the Library's FAQ Where can I find information on the First Trans-Pacific flight?