- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
There are a number of websites which provide basic and advanced guides to help you keep your books in their best condition.
A small selection of these are include:
- Preserving information: this webpage from the National Archives of Australia (NAA) contains a number of useful guides to preserving various types of records, including books.
- Conservation guides: this State Library of Victoria page provides a series of useful guides to preserving books in your private collection.
- Collection preservation advice: the State Library of Queensland provides useful guides for preserving a number of records, including books and photographs.
If you want to get your book restored, you can find contact details, or business listings, for book or art restorers in the Yellow Pages. Try searching for the business types: Art Restoration & Conservation, and Archival & Preservation Products & Services.