- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
Support the National Library—make new Friends today
Friends of the National Library of Australia share a passion for the Library and its collections. The Friends promote and support the Library and the contribution it makes to our society. In return, the Library recognises the Friends as an integral part of its community and gives the Friends access to the inside story of the Library, its treasures, exhibitions and special programs.
Friends work together to encourage support for the National Library and its wonderful collections and resources. In recent years, Friends have:
- funded digitisation of the Papers of Jessie Street
- sponsored travelling and creative arts fellowships
- gifted artworks for the Library's Newspapers and Family History Reading Room
- supported the digitisation of The Canberra Times
- presented lectures and events, promoting scholarship and public debate on topical issues.
Friends host a varied program of events each year, bringing visitors to the Library to meet like-minded people, explore Library offerings and discover the riches of the collection.
Friends also enjoy exclusive use of the Friends Lounge and discounts on books, accommodation, cultural activities and selected institutions. See our full list of benefits for more information.
For more information
If you would like more information about the Friends please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Friends Executive Officer on (02) 6262 1551.
Follow the Friends of the Library on Facebook .
If you're having trouble purchasing a membership online, please contact the Membership Officer on (02) 6262 1698.