- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
Recent reforms to the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth) have established the Information Publication Scheme (IPS), promoting a pro-disclosure culture across Australian Government agencies.
We recognise that public sector information should be treated as a national resource. In support of this principle, this page assists you to better understand how we make decisions and administer programs.
Who we are
What we do
- The functions and powers of the Library are set out in sections 6 and 7 of the National Library Act 1960.
- Our collections
- Our services
- Our directions
- Facts and figures
Our reports and responses to parliament
Routinely requested information and disclosure log
- Freedom of Information - apply for documents under the FOI Act.
- Freedom of Information disclosure log
Please contact us about anything related to the Information Publication Scheme.
National Library of Australia
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Tel: +61 2 6262 1798