- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
We understand that life is rather unsettled at present due to COVID-19 pandemic. We would like to assure all applicants that the National Library of Australia is committed to our Fellowship, Scholarship and Grants programs. We are looking forward to assessing applications for 2021 programs in coming months, and to welcoming our successful applicants to the Library next year.
A range of Fellowships and Scholarships for researchers, writers and artists, and younger scholars are available. They aim to stimulate scholarly, literary and artistic use of our collections, and engage the community. These opportunities are made possible by many generous donors.
Access to Library collections and staff expertise, financial assistance, and uninterrupted research time.
- National Library of Australia Fellowships for advanced research by scholars. Applications are now closed for the 2021 NLA Fellowships program. Applications for the 2022 Fellowships program will open in March 2021.
- Creative Fellowships: Creative Arts Fellowships for practising artists and writers. Applications are now closed for the 2021 Creative Arts Fellowship program. Applications for the 2022 program will open in May 2021.
- National Folk Fellowship: Applications now open.
- Asia Study Grants to support use of the Asian language collections. Applications now open.
- Summer Scholarships for researchers aged under 35 undertaking PhD studies, plus one open age scholarship. Applications now open.