- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
We understand that life is rather unsettled at present due to COVID-19 pandemic. We would like to assure all applicants that the National Library of Australia is committed to our Fellowship, Scholarship and Grants programs. While the National Library building is closed to the public at the moment, staff continue to work behind the scenes in all areas, assisting Library users access information online. We are looking forward to assessing applications for 2021 programs in coming months, and to welcoming our successful applicants to the Library next year.
A range of Fellowships and Scholarships for researchers, writers and artists, and younger scholars are available. They aim to stimulate scholarly, literary and artistic use of our collections, and engage the community. These opportunities are made possible by many generous donors.
Access to Library collections and staff expertise, financial assistance, and uninterrupted research time.
- National Library of Australia Fellowships for advanced research by scholars (applications for 2021 now open. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the deadline for applications has been extended. Applications for the 2021 program will now close on Friday 29 May 2020 at 5pm AEST)
- Creative Fellowships: Creative Arts Fellowships for practising artists and writers (applications for the 2021 program open on 18 May 2020) and the National Folk Fellowship (applications for the 2021 program open Monday 1 June 2020).
- Asia Study Grants to support use of the Asian language collections. Applications for the 2021 program open on 6 July 2020.
- Summer Scholarships for researchers aged under 35 undertaking PhD studies, plus one open age scholarship. Applications for the 2021 program open on 6 July 2020.