Due to major building activity, some collections are unavailable. Please check your requests before visiting. Learn more.
There’s a lot happening at the Library this August, including the latest instalment in our Deadly Dialogues series and a book launch for the new National Library of Australian Publishing title, Ice Bound: Australian Stories from Antarctica. You can also celebrate Science Week at the Library, as we present two talks in partnership with the ANU School of Cybernetics.
These events are all free to attend but bookings are essential. For more information, spokesperson details and to book, please visit the relevant event webpages included below.
With the exception of the Learning Webinar (which will be delivered via Zoom), all of the events will be held in the Library’s Theatre and will also be livestreamed via the Library’s Facebook page. No bookings are required to watch the online streams.
In addition to our August events program, the National Library has extended its On Stage: Spotlight on Our Performing Arts exhibition by a week, to Sunday 14 August 2022. If you haven’t seen it yet, come along and take advantage of the extended dates.
- Extended until Sunday 14 August 2022 | Open daily 9am to 5pm
- On Stage: Spotlight on Our Performing Arts
- Available for interview: Exhibition curator and Library curator of Rare Books and Music, Dr Susannah Helman
Thursday 4 August | 12.30pm to 1.30pm
- The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commission: Toward a History
- Available for interview: Associate Professor at Macquarie University’s Department of History and Archaeology, Alison Holland
- Monday 8 August | 6pm to 7pm
- Deadly Dialogues: Rachael Maza AM
- Available for interview: Artistic Director of ILBIJERRI Theatre Company and guest speaker, Rachael Maza AM
- Wednesday 10 August | 6pm to 7pm
- Book Launch: Ice Bound
- Available for interview: Ice Bound: Australian Stories from Antarctica author, Dr Joy McCann
- Book Launch: Ice Bound
- Thursday 11 August | 5.30pm to 6.30pm
- The Stockade Project
- Available for interview: Artist and 2020 Creative Arts Fellowship recipient, Anthony White
- Tuesday 16 August | 6pm to 7pm
- Science Week with the ANU School of Cybernetics: The Library and AI
- Available for interview: Professor of Cybernetics at the ANU School of Cybernetics, Alexandra Zafiroglu
- Thursday 18 August | 6pm to 7pm
- Science Week with the ANU School of Cybernetics: Speech Recognition Technology
- Available for interview: PhD candidate at the ANU School of Cybernetics, Kathy Reid
- Wednesday 31 August | 1pm to 2pm
- Thursday 1 September | 6pm to 8pm
- 2022 Seymour Biography Lecture: Jacqueline Kent
- Available for interview: Journalist, biographer, author and guest speaker, Jacqueline Kent
Mirelle O’Mara, Media Liaison, National Library of Australia
M: 0401 226 697