- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
A large range of current and historic overseas newspapers in digital format can be directly accessed online via our eResources portal.
The Library's eResources portal currently provides listings to 37 overseas Newspapers & Media subscription digital resources as well as freely accessible websites. Some subscriptions resources are only available for use within the Library but others can be accessed from home or work by Australian residents who are registered readers of the Library. These can be identified in eResources by the use of the 'key' symbol and include:
- British Library Newspapers
- Irish Newspaper Archive
- Matichon e Library
- PressReader provides access to over 1000 newspapers from more than 80 countries. Coverage is provided for the last 3 months only.
- Newsbank Access World News is a collection of over 11,000 full-text newspapers from over 170 countries
You can access these databases by visiting our eResources portal and searching for the title under the Browse eResources tab. To browse our newspapers and media eResources, first select the Browse eResources tab, then click the Newspapers and Media button on the left in the category menu.
There are also some databases that you can only access at the Library.
Please visit our eResources page for more information and to view the full list of available databases.