- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
This page lists Western Australian-related online, networked and microform resources as well as print publications available for use within the National Library of Australia.
Currently, Ancestry has no Western Australian-specific BDM records available through its databases.
Currently, Find My Past has no Western Australian-specific BDM records available.
The Western Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages provides a free online index to the following:
- Births 1841-1932
- Marriages 1841 -1936
- Deaths 1841-1971
Requests for certificates should be directed to the Registry.
Networked resources in the Library
In addition to our subscription databases, the Library also provides access to the following networked CDROM resources:
- (Uniting Church) Baptisms September 1840-May 1999
Western Australian Genealogical Society: This CD-ROM contains the details of baptisms recorded in the registers that have passed through the Uniting Church of Australia, Synod of Western Australia Archives up to 1999. Approximately 72,000 entries show the following data - Surname, Given Name (of person being baptised), Father/Mothers Name, Family Residence, Father/Mothers Occupation, Birth/Baptism Dates, Denomination, Place of Baptism, Parish/Circuit, Minister, Register Index #1/2, Remarks.
- Marriage index of Western Australia 1915 to 1933
Index of marriage records from the Registrar General's Office of Western Australia.
- WA Inquests 1876-1903: An Index of Inquests as Published in the Western Australian Police Gazettes
Western Australian Genealogical Society: This CD-ROM is an index of approximately 3,500 inquests that were held in various Western Australian police courts to investigate fatalities that occurred in WA during the period 1876-1903.
Microfilmed and other published material
The following microfilmed products and published works are available on open access in the Newspapers and Family History zone:
- Index to General register of births, 1841-1880 [microform]
mc N 649
- Index to General register of births, 1881-1895 [microform]
mc N 649
- Index to general register of marriages 1841-1896 [microform] / Registrar General
mc N 650
- Western Australian marriages [microform]
mc N 881
- Index to General register of marriages, 1906-1965 [microform] : prepared in accordance with the requirements of Section 17 of the Registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages Act, 1894-1956 / Edward J. Brownfield, Registrar General
mc N 650
- Index to general register of deaths 1841-1896, Western Australia [microform] / Registrar General
mc N 651
- Index to General register of deaths 1897-1905 [microform] : prepared in accordance with the requirements of Section 17 of the Registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages Act, 1894-1956 / Edward J. Brownfield, Registrar General
mc N 651
- Index to general register of deaths 1906-1980, Western Australia [microform] / Registrar General
mc N 651
- Access to ancestors. Part 1 [microform] : a research kit of resources in the State Archives of Western Australia
This resource comprises 247 microfilm reels, 77 microfiche plus guide (36 p.) It includes pre 1842 baptisms, marriages and burials recorded by the Anglican Church in Western Australia.
See reel 703, mfm N 303 in Microfilm Drawer 'Western Australia 1'.
NB: A description of these records can be found in the Access to Ancestors's guide in the Newspapers and Family History zone Reference Collection.