The Library has extensive, though imperfect, holdings of ISO Standards from 1973 to 2015.
WHAT DOES THE LIBRARY HOLD?
The online ISO Catalogue lists the titles and numbers of all published ISO Standards.
The Library holds a print version of the ISO Catalogue (1971-2009).
STANDARDS AND COPYING
Copying of standards by our Copies Direct service is provided in accordance with the Copyright Act 1968.
Visit the National Library in person to request and view standards in the Main Reading Room.
ISO standards are available for interlibrary loan. Enquire at your local library.
How do you request a printed ISO standard in the Catalogue?
If you know the number of the standard:
1. Go to the Catalogue record for International Standards
Note The standards are not listed individually, but grouped within a number range. Not all issues within these number ranges are held.
2. Type in the number of the standard in the space provided for the volume number.
e.g. Volume/No.: ISO 9001:2008
If you do not know the number of the standard:
1. Search the ISO Standards online catalogue, which lists the titles and numbers of all published ISO Standards.
2. Consult the ISO Standards help page, which provides advice on catalogue search techniques.
Searching online indexes for an ISO standard
You can search the SAI Global Infostore for ISO standards.
1. Select 'Standards' to search within.
2. Enter your search terms or ISO number into the search box.
3. Alternatively select the 'Popular Publishers' option from the 'Find Standards' drop down list. Scroll down and choose ISO to browse all available ISO standards.
Accessing a specific ISO standard
How can I access the following standard? ISO/TS 24155:2007 Hydrometry - Hydrometric data transmission systems - Specification of system requirement
There are three options for access:
If you can visit the Library in person, we suggest that you submit an online request to view a printed copy of the standard. Please note that the Library's collection of International Standards is imperfect, so we may not have the standard you need. Use the Catalogue record for International standards to make your request (see above).
- If you can't visit the Library, you may be able to arrange an interlibrary loan through your local public or institutional library and have the standard sent there for you to use. Please ask staff at your library for further assistance with interlibrary loan requests.
- Buy a copy of the standard online from the ISO store, Techstreet or from the SAI Global Infostore.
ISO STANDARDS ONLINE
Search the ISO Catalogue and purchase ISO Standards online at the ISO Store or at the SAI Global Infostore.
WHAT IS ISO?
ISO is the International Organization for Standardization.
"ISO standards are technical agreements which provide the framework for compatible technology worldwide. They are designed to be globally relevant - useful everywhere in the world."
International Organization for Standardization