The Library has extensive, though imperfect, holdings of printed New Zealand standards from 1939 to 1985.
WHAT DOES THE LIBRARY HOLD?
STANDARDS AND COPYING
Copying of standards by our Copies Direct service is provided in accordance with the Copyright Act 1968.
Visit the National Library in person to request and view standards in the Main Reading Room.
New Zealand standards are available for interlibrary loan. Enquire at your local library.
How do you request a printed NZ standard in the Catalogue?
If you know the number of the standard:
1. Go to the Catalogue record for New Zealand Standards.
Note The standards are not listed individually, but grouped within a number range. Not all issues within these number ranges are held.
2. Type in the number of the standard in the space provided for the volume number.
e.g.Volume/No.: NZS 8704:1977
If you do not know the number of the standard, you can look it up in an index
Searching online indexes for New Zealand standards
You can search the SAI Global Infostore to find the number of a New Zealand standard.
1. Select the SNZ option from the drop down menu
2. Enter the known SNZ number into the search box. You don't need to type in the SNZ prefix.
3. Alternatively select the 'Browse by Publisher' option from the home page to see all availabe SNZ standards.
NEW ZEALAND STANDARDS ONLINE
Search the NZS Catalogue and purchase NZ Standards at the:
STANDARDS NEW ZEALAND
"Standards New Zealand is New Zealand’s leading developer of Standards and Standards based solutions.
The majority of Standards are developed in partnership with Standards Australia."