- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
Newspapers are key sources of both current and historical information relating to Australian companies. Information available includes company news, share prices and biographical information. The National Library holds a large collection of both Australian and international newspapers in print, microform and electronic formats in its Newspaper collections.
Our print and microfilmed newspapers can be accessed in the Newspapers and Family History zone of the Main Reading Room.
Some of our subscription newspaper resources can be accessed from home or work by Australian residents who are registered readers of the Library. These can be identified in the Browse eResources tab in our eResources by the use of the 'key' symbol.
Databases available include:
- Economist Historical Archive
- NewsBank: Access Global
- Financial Times Historical Archive
- The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age: library edition
- Sydney Morning Herald Archives 1955-1995
- Australia / New Zealand Reference Centre Plus
Print and microform newspapers
A range of current and historical newspapers in print and microfilm formats, both Australian and overseas, are available.
Newspaper titles include:
- Australian financial review
- Business review weekly
- The Wall Street journal
- The Wall Street journal Asia
Recent issues of these titles may also be found in digital format in one of the online newspaper databases available through eResources .
Current issues of selected Australian and overseas print newspapers are openly available in the Newspaper and Family History zone of the Main Reading Room.