- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
Trove's digitized Australian newspapers provides numerous historical Australian newspapers published between 1803 to 1954. It includes national titles as well as those published in each Australian state and territory. It supports browsing by title, date and location as well as searches. Articles and pages can be printed and downloaded and citations are provided.
The Library's eResources portal provide listings to free media websites as well as our subscription digital resources. Some of these resources can be accessed from home or work by Australian residents who are registered readers of the Library. These can be identified in eResources by the use of the 'key' symbol and include:
- Factiva database gives you full-text coverage of Australian and overseas newspapers from approximately the late 1980s to the present. Coverage of individual publications varies.
- PressReader provides access to over 1000 newspapers in 40 languages from more than 80 countries including Australia. Coverage is provided for one year only.
- Fairfax online archive News Store is freely available online. Coverage goes back to approximately 1986. Some Fairfax titles are not available via the archive including the Australian Financial Review, BRW and BOSS.
- Sydney Morning Herald Archives 1955-1995 provides full-text coverage to every edition of The Sydney Morning Herald and The Sun-Herald between January 1st, 1955 and February 2nd, 1995. The Archives are available offsite for registered National Library readers.
- The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age : library edition provides complete digital editions of each paper from 2006 to date.
- The Tasmanian Mail 1877-1920 has been digitized and is available for access via the LINC Tasmania catalogue
There are also some databases that you can only access at the Library.
Please visit our eResources page for more information and to view the full list of available databases.